This project is suitable for everyone and swimming/scuba diving skills are NOT required.
- Enrol in an orientation session by our biologists
- Learn how to identify different species of cetaceans at sea
- Collect photo-ID data (particularly of sperm whales, Risso’s and bottlenose dolphins)
- Help to capture, when possible, loggerhead turtles for tagging and release
- Assist the skipper as a lookout on board
- Help us collecting litter (plastics, fishing nets, etc.) from the sea
- Earn a participation diploma and a Responsible Whale Watching T-shirt!
- Sunscreen SPF 30 or higher is recommended
- Digital camera with zoom lens (preferably around 75-300mm, with UV filter)
- Warm clothing, waterproof jacket/pants
- Rubber-soled shoes (flip-flops are a good option in summer)
- Seasickness tablets (in case you suffer from seasickness)
Dive in to action with Dive Azores! Together we can make a difference!